lunes, 30 de agosto de 2010

Looking at things in a sweet way....

So, my blog is called the "Cherry on top" and its whole purpose is to look at things positively, I found myself in an odd thought and situation today. Usually at Puebla street corners, you´ll once in a while be bombarded by one or two men trying to convince you to let them clean your windshield. I usually get very upset and yell constantly that I don´t want them anywhere near my car. But today I thought "well why don´t they just go for it!, it could use a good cleaning today!" Then in less than one minute both the windshield and back glass had been completely cleaned. I gave the guy 5 pesos and when he looked at his hand he held it toward his friend in awe of how much money it was compared to what they usually get.
I always have found myself complaining at these people. But if you look at it with the "cherry on top" philosophy you´ll find that it´s actually pretty nice to have your car cleaned in such haste and swiftness. I had realized with the rain and all, that some residue was started to accumulate in these forgotten areas. Now I can view this situation in a whole new light. One of the perks of living in Mexico. Or one of the downsides, if you don´t want to eat today´s cherry.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario